The StudioLive ARc mixers by Presonus offer you a wide selection of mixing desks which range from 8 tracks all the way up to 22. They can do Multi-track recording, sending every Input to your DAW as an individual track, plus the Main mix channels.
These mixers have a nice feature that they call the “super channel” that basically gives you all the inputs on one channel that you could possibly need, RCA (for CD and DVD players), a 1/8” mini jack (For plugging in your phone or anything else you’d like) and even Bluetooth to pair the mixer with your phone.
This comes in handy if you are rehearsing with your band and want to play the song you are practicing at the same time or if you need to play some music during the breaks.
One extra benefit that the Presonus StudioLive Mixers have is that they can record directly on to an SD card (only the stereo out).
This is great for live performances, plus you can also playback from the SD card.
Channels 1 and 2 have high-impedance inputs for instruments, which will allow you to connect a guitar or a bass directly on to the board without the need of using a DI box.
The Presonus StudioLive ARc mixers provide you with 16 high-quality effects that include reverb (room, hall and plate), chorus, delay, and many more.
You can also bypass all of these effects by using a footswitch, which is optional.
All of them, except the smallest one which is the 8-channel mixer, use faders.
The faders are really responsive and feel great! The 8-channel mixer uses knobs to control the volume, which are of great quality as well, but I personally enjoy faders a lot more!
All of these Mixers can record up to 24-bit/96kHz, and as far as phantom power goes, you activate it globally via a switch.
Read also: Best Home Studio Mixers; Analog & Digital.
- Studio One artist Edition (Presonus DAW) and Studio Magic Plug-in Suite for Mac and Windows, which includes seven Plug-ins in VST, AU and AAX formats.
If you’re looking for high-quality hybrid mixers that you can use both live and in the studio, then the Presonus StudioLive ARc will surely fit the bill.
They give you that instant access that analog mixers are known for, as well as digital effects, Bluetooth connectivity, and more
- Super Channel for audio playback.
- Multitrack recording capabilities.
- Record on-to an SD card.
- 16 built-in effects.
- Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity.
You can get them here:
- StudioLive ARc8: Amazon, Thomann.
- StudioLive ARc12: Amazon, Thomann.
- StudioLive ARc16: Amazon, Thomann.
I hope this information was useful!
Have a nice day!
- Audio Interface vs Sound card; What are the differences? - July 1, 2020
- Best Piano VST Plugins; Updated for 2020 (Includes Audio) - June 26, 2020
- Can I connect my Electric Guitar to a Bass Amp? - June 16, 2020